I agree with Martin Scorsese on that film and visual images should be apart of education. I feel that it should not be a class or elective rather than it should be integrated in every subject. I thought it was interesting how Scorsese mentioned that children should watch films and interpret them for themselves. I feel that this would be a great tool to use in the classroom especially for visual learners. I also agree with him that violence in films should not be for children. He mentioned that he has made many movies with extreme violence in it because that is the only way to depict it. This should not be seen by children because they are not mature to watch it.
I believe that film is a great way to allow students to apply their critical thinking skills. I plan to integrate film in my future classroom. I think that using film in all subjects will allow children to learn in a more visual way. I also think that children should make their own movies using the computer to apply what they have learned in a more creative way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I like your ideas about incorporating film into your classroom. I think it is important for children to be exposed to as many learning elements as possible!
I agree about films being good ways to promote critical thinking skills!! Also, you're right, it is a good way for visual learners to learn!
I agree that exposing many learning elements is very beneficial!
Post a Comment